Xvisor v0.1.3 Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 12:55:18 +0530 | Posted by:
In this release, we have few updates in core code, 4 new processor supports and SMP guest support.
- Updated Host IRQ subsytem to have PIC driver APIs Linux compatible
- Updated Timer subsytem to have Clocksource driver APIs and Clockchip driver APIs Linux compatible
- Added support for having per-guest architecture specific context
- Centralized architecture specific interface header files to reduce duplicate header files
- Generic bitmap APIs under libs
- ARM local timer emulator
- ARM A9MP private memory emulator
ARM 32-bit Port:
- Added support for ARM9 processor and Versatilepb host. We are able run basic test for Versatilepb guest on Versatilepb host.
- Added support for Cortex-A9 processor (UP) and VExpress-A9 host. We are able to boot unmodified Realview-PB-A8 linux guest on this port.
- Added support for Cortex-A15 processor (UP) and VExpress-A15 host. We are able to boot unmodified Realview-PB-A8 linux guest on this port.
- Fixes for sharing same exception vector base with Linux guest
- Fixes for supporting SMP Linux guest. We are able to boot unmodified VExpress-A9 SMP linux guest Realview-PB-A8, VExpress-A9, VExpress-A15, and BeagleBoard hosts
ARM 32-bit with VE Port:
- New CPU port supporting ARM processors with virtualization extensions
- We are able to boot multiple unmodified linux for Realview-PB-A8 guest on VExpress-A15 host using virtualization extension
- We are able to boot unmodified VExpress-A9 SMP linux guest on VExpress-A15 host using viruatlization extensions
x86 64-bit Port:
- Host apsace init works on QEMU & HW
- Host IRQ init works on QEMU & HW